Legislators and student leaders attend the 2022 briefing
State Legislative Priorities
Each year in January, we host a Legislative Briefing for Georgia Tech supporters to announce Georgia Tech’s state legislative priorities for the year.
We advocate for:
- State funding that supports GT Capital projects across campus
- "B" budget line items that support the work of GTRI and E12
- University System-wide priorities and funding
We track legislation relevant to the university system, and advocate for policies that allow the Institute to carry out its strategic goals.
Ongoing Support for B-Budget Items
The University System of Georgia has an “A” and a “B” budget.
- The “A” budget supports academic programs across the 26 member institutions.
- The “B” budget supports non-academic economic development programs. Examples of such programs are:
- Advanced Technology Development Center/Enterprise Innovation Institute, that supports Georgia Tech's ability to provide economic development for the state
- The Georgia Tech Research Institute, which focuses on applied research for key industries like agricultural technology research, health informatics, and numerous other technical areas.
Georgia Tech's Impact
Find out about Georgia Tech’s impact around the state and in your community.